· Unregistered members of Kisii University library are not entitled to borrowing facilities.
· Borrowed information materials not returned on due date will receive two reminder notices within a specified period of two weeks each. Thereafter a demand letter by the university Librarian will be sent before the case is reported to the principal for appropriate disciplinary action.
· Lost borrowers tickets will be replaced at a fee of Ksh.100 per ticket.
· Users who inconvenience others in any way while in the library will not be allowed in the library at all.
· Unauthorized borrowing of library information materials will be treated as theft, punishment of which will be determined by the University Librarian.
· Information materials borrowed on regular loan and not returned on due date will be charged Ksh.10 per day per item.
· Information materials borrowed from the short loan and not returned on due date will be fined Kshs.20 for the first hour and Ksh.10 for every subsequent hour.
BORROWING (LOAN PERIOD)
|Person||No of Books||Duration|
|Academic Staff||6||1 Semester|
|Non- Academic Staff||3||2 weeks|
|Masters Students||3||2 weeks|
|PhD Students||5||2 weeks|
|Undergraduate/Diploma/Certificate Students||3||2 weeks|
|Part-Time Lecturers||3||2 weeks|