Dr. Opande Nilson Isaac, PhD.
The School of Undergraduate Studies was established to render service to undergraduates in terms of development and implementation of undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate curricula. The school is committed to provision of quality and affordable undergraduate programmes which meet national and international standards. Our programmes are developed through stakeholders’ involvement, takes into account the market needs and are taught by qualified personnel. You are welcomed to visit our website for more information on all the programmes offered and apply for the progamme of your choice as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements.
An effective School committed to advancement of high quality academic programmes in undergraduate studies.
A focus of excellence in co-ordination, development, review, implementation and delivery of quality undergraduate programmes that meets the development needs of the country and international labour market, through promotion of interdisciplinary collaboration and linkages with stakeholders.
• Professionalism. The School shall strive to advocate and promote high standards of expertise and professionalism in training and preparation of undergraduate programmes.
• Team Work. The School shall have collaborative approach in discharging its duties and promote optimal utilization of resources with regards to training and curricula development.
• Accountability and Transparency: The School shall endeavor to discharge it duties in an open and accountable manner, uphold the highest ethical standards and transparency when dealing with stakeholders.
• Responsive. Be at the forefront in providing leadership in undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate training and curricula development.
i) Co-ordination, development, review and implementation of undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate curricula;
ii) Preparation and review of Academic Catalogue;
iii) Ensuring delivery of quality undergraduate programmes;
iv) Promotion of interdisciplinary collaboration at undergraduate level;
v) Facilitating coherence and optimal resource use with regards to training;
vi) Development of methods of evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning;
f) Formulation and review of course scheduling and time-tabling policies;
g) Co-ordination of rules and regulations formulated by the Departments, Faculties, Schools or Institutes governing the undergraduate degree and diploma programmes; and certificate curricula.
STRUCTURE AND GOVERNANCE
The Board carries its functions as set out in structure and governance of Kisii University statutes. As specified in the statute XXIX the Board has a membership comprising of the following;
• The Director – Chairperson
• One representative from each Faculty or Institute
• Two representatives of the Senate;
• The University Librarian;
• The Dean of Students;
• The Director of Academic Quality Assurance;
• The Registrar (Research and Extension);
• Two undergraduate Student Representatives
• The Registrar (Academic Affairs) - Secretary
• Complaints, compliments and suggestions should be forwarded to the Director of the School of Undergraduate Studies.
• Comment may be through telephone, letters, and e-mail or suggestion box.