- Kisii University Conference Programme July 30- August 2, 2014
- University receives computer donation!!
- KSU’s outstanding performance in the University FASU Games
- National Bank presents 1000 seedling to the University
- KSU Best Awards at Kisii ASK Show 2014
- Defining Globalization and its contemporary challenges
- PLSA Students clean Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Masters Proposal presentations in Nairobi
- MOU with Mendeta Hospital
- MOU with Kapur Memorial Hospital
- Lecturers’ training on research methods
- E-Book Induction for Primary Schools in Kisii County
- Kisii signs MoU with Apollo Group of Hospitals, India
- Online Access to Springer Electronic Journals
- Rattansi Educational Trust donates Books to KSU
|BACHELOR OF COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT [COOP]|
BACHELOR OF COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT [COOP]
The Bachelor of Co-operative Management is intended to provide students with business management, ethical and technological skills required by co-operative industry and at the same time meet the quality requirements of the University.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The main aim of Bachelor of Co-operative Management degree programme
3.1 To develop a theoretical and technical understanding of Accounting, Finance, Banking, Marketing and Human Resources Management concepts and practices and the ability to cope with future developments in these areas;
3.2 To enhance self confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues, and develop solutions from the ethical, professional as well as academic perspectives;
3.3 To instill a critical and integrated understanding of the world of business, with a firm foundation in related areas such as economics, ethics, information technology, organisation behaviour and co-operative law;
3.4 To prepare the students for progression to higher degree work and research in various disciplines.
4.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates admitted to the degree programme of Bachelors of co-operative management degree must satisfy the minimum common entrance requirements as stipulated by Kisii University senate.
4.1 Be a holder of KCSE certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili
4.2 Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and subsidiary pass and a minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at KCE
4.3 Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline with a credit pass from an institution recognised by the University Senate.
4.4 Be a holder of any qualification recognised by the University Senate.
4.5 Based on senate approved guidelines, candidates may be allowed to transfer up to 30% of credit factors from a related diploma course.
7.1 All examinations for the Programme shall be conducted under the authority of the
senate in accordance with the Kisii University examinations, rules and Regulations.
8.0 SCHEDULE OF COURSES